Tuesday, April 8, 2014

g is for grumpiness

I'm not sure why exactly but I'm pretty particular.  Although the older I get, the more relaxed I become but I still like things to be just so.  Mommy's most beloved example of how particular I am is when we used to live at the Mayfair and the humans kept their shoes on a shoe rack in the entrance hall.  One day, daddy left his shoes laying around in the living room and I barked and growled - pointing in the direction of the shoe rack until he finally moved them into place.  Once things are in order, I go back to being happy but if things don't change (like if daddy had left his shoes laying in the living room) I become grumpy, stoop my shoulders and pout - sometimes for up to an hour. 

At this new place, we have a mud room so shoes just go in there but now there are other things that make me grumpy: like when Dorothy takes away the toy I'm playing with, I don't fight her for it like any other dog might, I simply pout my brain off until someone feels sorry for me.  Or when mommy won't let me outside!  Or when nobody throws my ball for me and most especially when I get to see, but don't get to play with, the neighbor's dog!  


Mommy tries to distract me with toys... Hmpf!
Wish she'd just give me what I'm asking for!


No comments:

Post a Comment