Dorothy and I are chalk and cheese: complete opposites in every way. I started this list a while back because it was obvious from the beginning just how opposite we were, but nothing new has been added in a while so I think this list is a pretty thorough one to explain our differences, and just in time for letter 'O.'
- I'm white / Dorothy's brown
- I have hair/ she has fur (that's why she sheds whereas I don't)
- I hate the crate/ she loves it!
- I love chase toys/ she loves tug or chew toys
- I love the car / she hates it
- I love my harness and leash, jumping around whenever mommy gets it out/ she hates it and runs away from mommy when she sees it
- I'm toy driven/ she's food driven
- I love ham/ she loves fish
- I'm picky/ she's easy-going
- I love to make the parents throw my ball so I can run around the house during 'TV' time/ she loves to lay all over mom and dad for cuddles
- I'm cautious/ she's reckless and rough
- I smell flowers/ she eats 'em
- My ears flap down/ hers stand up
- My toe nails are see through/ hers are black
- I don't like strangers/ she thinks everyone's her bff (although as I mentioned in my yesterday's 'n for new people' post - she seems to be snapping out of this one!)
- I chase squirrels/ she chases birds
- I like to be alone/ she can't stand it
- I prefer belly rubs and hate people touching my ears because I get ear infections!/ she's the total opposite (yep you guessed it): hates people touching her sensitive belly and LOVES ear scratches
- I hate the bath/ so of course, Dorothy loves it!
- I like to snuggle my toys/ she likes to destroy them
- I love laying under a warm blanket or wearing a soft sweater when it's cold/ she hates anything like that touching her (even if she's cold) and will tear it up in no time if mommy's not around to stop her
- I don't lay on the ground/ she'll lay down anywhere!
- I'm cynical and hold grudges until I feel the person responsible is truly sorry/ Dorothy's happy-go-lucky, forgiving, trusting and doesn't know the meaning of 'angry.'
Can you believe it? Opposite in every single way! Sure makes life here interesting!
|ying and yang|